Completing "General Education" is an important part of the course requirements that each student must complete to transfer to a university. The links below connect you to guides that will show you how General Education courses are grouped together in "patterns" and which Merced College courses can be used to fulfill an entire pattern for the California State University (CSU), the University of California (UC), and some independent (private) colleges in California. General Education requirements vary based on other California independent institutions and out-of-state colleges/universities. See a Transfer Counselor today, to learn more about the transfer process.