What is the MC Portal?
The MC Portal at http://mc4me.mccd.edu is where you can register for classes, make a payment, access Library databases, Canvas and student email.
About PortalGuard Password Management
Merced College’s password management system (PortalGuard) provides a self-service avenue to reset your password from a mobile phone or email without having to call the Student Help Desk. See how to enroll your mobile phone and personal email for password management (pdf).
I Forgot My Login
At the login screen for the MC Portal, click the "I forgot my password | Reset Password" link to reset or retrieve your password. For new students, this will not work. Follow instructions on logging in to the MC Portal for the first time in the section below. (instructions here)
Login for the First Time
Your initial credentials for the first time you log in to the MC Portal will be:
INITIAL PASSWORD: birth date in MMDDYY format
- Download: Step-by-step tutorial on logging in to the MC Portal for the first time (pdf)
- You can use your current password, if you already have one.
- If you forgot your password, click on the “I forgot my password / Reset password” link on the MC4Me Portal login screen (http://mc4me.mccd.edu). You will be able to reset your password using your mobile phone or email.
- If you still need help, call (209) 381-6565, or (209) 381 6514, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a password reset.
Video: How to log in to the MC Portal (http://mc4me.mccd.edu) for the first time.
I get a 403 error when I log on
If after you log on to MC Portal you get this 403 error, it could only mean two things:
- You need to apply again in order to become a Merced College Student, because alumni have no rights to access MC Portal.
- You did apply again, but your application did not process corectly. You need to contact us.