Free student email is available to all students who attend Merced College. The email
account may be accessed from within the Student Portal at https://mc4me.mccd.edu; or go directly to https://www.office.com
The password for your email is the same as the password for your MC portal and Canvas
Note: wait 5 minutes after changing the MC Portal password for it to work on your
The username for your MC Portal is: firstname.lastnamexxx
The username for Canvas is: firstname.lastnamexxx
The username for your MC email is: email@example.com
(The username for Canvas, WiFi, Parking, etc. is the same as the username for the
Use Chrome browser, it works better (if it does not work, reset the browser).
Hundreds of students ask me to reset their password on www.office.com. In addition, the password for their student email account (firstname.lastname@example.org)
is the same as the password for their MC Portal. However, most students have no idea
of what that password is, because every time they log unto MC Portal, they do not
type it --the browser remembers it and types it for them.
The next question would be: If my browser remembers my password, can I ask my browser
to tell me what my password is? YES YOU CAN.
- Grades and communication about your registration group will be sent to your Merced
College e-mail address.
- Your e-mail address (email@example.com) will allow you to send information to your college instructors and other college
- The password for your email is the same as the password for MC Portal
- You get five free copies of Microsoft Office Professional once you log on to your
- Your student email will be terminated after you stop being a student at Merced College.
As of 2020 only students who are active, that is, registered for classes on the current semester, have the ability to send emails. The only exception is sending emails to A&R. You
account can send emails to Admissions and Records.
If you are not registered for classes, you cannot send emails, unless you are in the
Allied Health Nursing program.
We apologize for the inconvenience, please contact Counseling to communicate with
Good News: We are working on a solution so that all students registered for future semesters can send emails. 05/05/2020