About the Federal Work Study Program
The Federal Work-Study Program offers students the opportunity to earn money through part-time employment. Students looking for employment should follow these steps:
- Jobs are located both on-campus and off-campus locations with non-profit, for-profit that contract with Merced College.
- Job types vary we try to locate work related to your major or occupational goal.
- The FWS program allows students gain work experience and also earn money they can use to help pay educational and personal expenses.
- Employment is not guaranteed, you must apply and wait to hear for possible interview. Be sure you are enrolled in 12 units or more and receiving Financial Aid to qualify.
- Work-Study wages will be at least minimum wage.
- Work-Study students receive their payroll checks once a month and must input hours on Web Time Entry.
How to Apply
Before you complete the application please make sure your Merced College Financial Aid file is complete; you can do this online with your MC Portal account.
Student Employee Handbook
If hired be sure to review the Student Employee Handbook. This will explain eligibility requirements and other important information.