Merced College Promise Program

Full Time + First Time = Free

Merced College offers first time students who enroll in at least 12 units free tuition for two years. 

Who is eligible?
- California residents or students who are eligible for AB540 or AB2000. 
- Complete the FAFSA or CADAA application.
- Enroll in 12 or more units.

Next Steps
- Apply for Merced College
- Complete the FAFSA or CADAA application. 
- Enroll in at least 12 units at Merced College.
- Complete 12 units each semester to continue having your tuition paid for 2 years. 
- Complete the MC4FREE Commitment Contract.

If you want to check your eligibility use the "Chat Now" button to speak with a Financial Aid Advisor or e-mail

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I took Merced College classes while I was still in high school. Will I still be considered a first time student?

           A: Yes! If you took college classes prior to graduating high school, you will still be 
                  considered a full time student. 

Q: I want to graduate Merced College and transfer in just 2 years. If I take 15 units during
      the first semester, will they all be covered?

            A: Yes! Merced College is dedicated to the success of our students and will pay all
                   enrolled units during your eligible academic year. 

Q: What happens if I don't pass my classes? 

             A: Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress in order to continue to
                    receive the College Promise during their eligible academic year. Satisfactory
                    academic progress is the completion of 50% of your enrolled classes with a
                    minimum 2.0 GPA.