Issues of The Blue Devil's Advocate
About The Blue Devil's Advocate
The Blue Devil's Advocate is a digital magazine highlighting Merced College employees, students and happenings on campus. For inquiries or to contribute news stories, contact the Office of External Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Blue Devil's Advocate is proud to be recognized as the 2020 Bronze Winner in Digital Magazines for CASE District VII.
Archive of Issues
View past issues of The Blue Devil's Advocate
- November 2020 (pdf) - In this issue - Donor Susie Downey gifts $1-million to Merced College, Allison family pipeline to Merced College, and alumna Stephanie Dietz grabs hold of new position. Plus, meet new employee Dean Caivano..
- October 2020 (pdf) - In this issue - Merced College's Police Department assists with Creek fire, Medical Assistant program debuts in Los Banos, and Automotive Technology program is full speed ahead. Plus, meet new employee Rebecca Abarca..
- September 2020 (pdf) - In this issue - Merced College introduces the Well-Being Institute, laptop loaner program removes obstacles to student learning, alumnus and doctor Joseph Trujillo on returning to Merced. Plus, meet new employee Marvin Patton.
- Agust 2020 (pdf) - In this issue - Merced College executes Virtual Extreme Registration successfully, ahtletics powers ahead, alumnus and POST cadet earns top honors. Plus, meet new employee Marcus Metcalf.
- July 2020 (pdf) - In this special issue - Many Merced College alumni get their start here and leave our institution ready to take on the world. This special issue features a few of our notable alumni, including: Assemblymember Adam Gray, Associate Vice President Jill Cunningham, transfer student Jacob Fernandez, and local dentist Zachary McComb. Plus, meet new employee Krystal Pollinger.
- May 2020: COVID-19 Issue (pdf) - In this special issue - Merced College meets incredible milestones in light of COVID-19, including: Executing registration for Summer & Fall 2020, pivoting to online Chemistry class instruction, celebrating student JC Aguirre's can-do attitude, keeping the campus safe and facilities operational, continuing to provide tutoring and support online, excelling in special programs to support students, and more.
- February 2020 (pdf) - Merced College looks forward to growth, students graduate Construction Boot Camp, author Omar El Akkad visits incarcerated students, Blue Devil soccer is off to a good start, welcome new employee Karissa Morehouse, and more.
- December/January 2020 (pdf) - President Vitelli's end-of-year reflection, opening doors with the Adult Education & Noncredit Program, VP Kelly Fowler recognized with 2019 Carter Doran Leadership Award, student Chris Munoz excels in academics and athletics, welcome new employee Rachel Gray, and more.
- November 2019 (pdf) - Merced College celebrates flag raising, community attends campus forum with local elected officials, student Alvin Collier shares NASA experience, welcome new employee Murrell Green, and more.
- October 2019 (pdf) - Merced College joins forces with Greenbrier Hemp Research Institute, grant aims to create more online classes, student and employee Isaac Mock on reaching your goals, welcome faculty Emily Reed, and more.
- September 2019 (pdf) - Chancellor Oakley visits Merced College, student Angelica Walker goes to NASA, the SSTC offers academic support under one roof, and more.
- August 2019 (pdf) - Improving the entryway to our campus, our Prison Education Program grows tenfold, alumni Sugi Williams finds his career path at Merced College, and more.
Merced College's previous campus newletter was called The Campus Digest. Past issues can be viewed below.