Welcome Statement

The Business & Fiscal Services office is responsible for processing all College travel related documents. The B&FS works closely with department managers and special program managers to ensure that travel is appropriate for the funds that will be used to pay for the travel and to ensure that there is sufficient funding.

About Trip Request / Travel Claim Forms

Authorization to Drive
  • Must have clearance on file with the District Transportation Dept - Greta Mims           (384-6142) to drive on District business.
  • Submit copies of your current driver’s license, proof of insurance, and a completed DMV release form to the Business Office - (384-6203).
  • Allow at least 2 weeks for clearance or you may bring in a DMV printout yourself.
  • These requirements must be met whether or not you intend to submit a claim for mileage reimbursement.
Hotel Reservations
  • Provide a breakdown of all charges and obtain a confirmation number from the hotel.
  • Make sure to include the hotel name, address and phone number along with your form.
Conference Registrations
  • Attach a copy of your completed registration form(s).
  • Indicate the conference name, plus the phone number and address indicating where payment should be mailed.
Advance Payments
  • If advance payments are needed for either the hotel or conference registration, please indicate on the trip request form by putting a check mark in the specified areas.
Conference Travel Account Line
  • Most of you should already have this account in place (object code 55210). However, if not, then please request that one be setup. This request can be directed to the Director, Business and Fiscal Services or your categorical Account Tech, if applicable.
  • Prior to submitting your trip request or travel reimbursement claim, please make sure you have sufficient funds in your conference travel account.
  • If you have insufficient funds, please complete a budget transfer prior to submitting your request/claim form.

Mileage Expense Reimbursement Form

  • Must have clearance on file with the District Transportation Dept to drive on District business.
  • Copies of your current driver’s license, proof of insurance and completed DMV release form must be on file.
  • The specific purpose of each trip must be identified
  • Use your applicable local travel account line (object code 55219) and make sure sufficient funds are available. If not, complete a budget transfer.
  • All forms need signature approval from the responsible Dean/Manager/Administrator