We are a tobacco-free district. Board Policy 3570 prohibits smoking, the use of tobacco products, and/or the use of unregulated nicotine products (e.g. e-cigarettes) by students, staff, and visitors on any owned, rented or leased Merced Community College District property.
Please note: Smoking is prohibited in bus stops or any transportation facility as per California Penal Code 640.
PROHIBITED USE PRODUCTS
- All tobacco products (chew, snuff, etc.)
- Pipes of all kinds including hookahs, water pipes, and bongs
- Smokeless devices including non-regulated nicotine products
- Other smoking devices
- The fine for smoking violations shall be $25.00 for the first time violator
- If the same violator is issued subsequent citations the fine shall increase as follows:
- Second offense $50.00
- Third offense $75.00
- Any subsequent violation to the third offense will be $75.00
- Repeat violators may be subject to disciplinary action