Updated Facilities Master Plan:
The implementation of the original, comprehensive Facilities Master Plan (FMP) in 2019 was contingent upon passage of a local bond measure. As the bond measure was not approved by voters, Merced College began efforts to produce an updated FMP, one that would serve as a scaled down version of the original FMP. During the summer of 2020, the FMP Task Force reconvened to update the plan with the assistance of the original FMP consultants, Gensler. The updated FMP only reflects changes made from the original FMP, and was approved by the Board of Trustees in August 2020. Below are links to both the comprehensive and updated plans:
Project Purpose and Growth:
The Purpose of the Facilities Master Plan (FMP) Task Force is to serve as a working group for development of the Merced College Facilities Master Plan. The FMP will provide a roadmap for facilities development in order to support the goals and strategies of the College’s Educational Master Plan (EMP). The FMP will guide the decision-making process and prioritization of new construction and renovation of existing facilities.
The FMP Task Force will:
- Ensure representation of all areas of the College in developing the FMP;
- Work in collaboration with our consultants, Arthur Gensler & Associates, providing input and feedback throughout of the plan’s development;
- Support alignment of the FMP with the College’s Mission, Vision, Values, and recently completed Educational Master Plan;
- Keep students, student success, and service to the Merced College region at the center of discussion during FMP development;
- Exemplify quality employee engagement, advocate for additional internal stakeholder engagement, and serve as a communication body to the rest of the internal Merced College community, including the Los Banos Campus.
The project will be conducted in 5 phases:
- Step 1: Prepare
- Step 2: Analyze
- Step 3: Frame
- Step 4: Explore
- Step 5: Recommend